Sharon has had over 15 years of experience as a Speech Pathologist, working with young children up to adults. She is passionate about working closely with families to optimise outcomes and progress. Sharon;
- Has a particular interest in working with children and adults with complex communication needs, including those with little or no speech. She has experience in using a wide range of AAC (Alternative and Augmentative Communication) systems. Sharon will work closely with the client and the ‘team’ around them to establish a functional and individualised AAC system.
- Can provide assessment and programming for the individual, with a specific focus on building capacity of parents, family and other caregivers.
- Is a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist and a member of Speech Pathology Australia, and is:
Does your child have speech or language difficulties? AACcess Speech Pathology can assist with:
- Assessment and planning for therapy for your child.
- Working with children with a range of disorders including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down syndrome, intellectual disability, and global developmental delay.
- Working with children and their caregivers that have significant and complex communication needs.
- Assessment, prescription and implementation of an individualised Alternative and Augmentative Communication System.
- Provide therapy services anywhere that is most convenient for your family.
- Build capacity of the people that care for your child, to optimise their communication potential
AACcess Speech Pathology can provide services to suit a wide range of needs in adolescents and young adults. Sharon is known to alter her therapy style to suit a wide range of audiences, and puts those with anxiety or apprehensiveness at ease with her easy going and relatable character.
AACcess Speech Pathology can provide assistance with the assessment, prescription and implementation of a robust and individualised AAC system. This includes the written applications and liaising as necessary with the NDIS and other key stakeholders.
This may be for clients with Motor Neurone Disease, those with hearing or vision impairments, or any condition in which communication is impaired. Sharon is passionate and dedicated to this field of communication needs, and will keep the carers consulted and updated every step of the way. As a small business, Sharon can provide the individualised care every family needs and deserves.
Copyright © 2018 AACcess Speech Pathology - All Rights Reserved.